Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Favorite Fossilized Mud - Blue Biggs Jasper


 I often wish that people could be as honest, clear and solid as the rock I work. Our past, our childhood and the path we've led interrupts our abilities to be genuine with our friends, family and co-workers. Only as I get older have I realized how many folks I've hurt, cheated and discarded because I wasn't mature enough to be honest. Thank goodness for age.

Three shadow box framed Blue Biggs Jasper slabs. Biggs a coveted porcelain type jasper originating near the Owhyee Mountain range between Idaho and Oregon. This jasper is wildly collected and loved by lapidary folks for their true "picture-like" qualities. Biggs is one of my favorite fossilized mud's.

All three slabs have been mounted to a back ground of muslin with foam core cubes. The largest slab in the middle viewing has been wire-wrapped at the corners with copper wire. All three slabs are 5/8" thickness and in perfect rock-like condition.

The center and largest slab measures 8 x 6" and the black wood frame measures 15.5 x 15.5 x 3".

The second slab and on the viewing left measures 7 x 4" and the black wood frame measures 15.5 x 12 x 3".

The last slabettes, mirror images of the other, measure 6.5 x 3.5" and the black wood frame measures 15.5 x 12 x 3".

These three Blue Biggs Jasper displayed together often provoke curious questions from visitors. Disbelief that they are not hand painted by me or someone else. Pure natural beauty at its finest.

The three framed slabs will be sent Parcel Post with insurance, wrapped, bundled and protected from the woes and force of shipping.

Additional flickr images:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crudeco/?saved=1

No comments:

Post a Comment